Monday, October 20, 2014

Procrastination Chronicles #6: Cleaning out the Car

On the path to greatness, there will be 100 overcomings.

I will chronicle my attempts to overcome procrastination.  My technique is to start small, really small.

==================

Today I will talk about another task that has been sitting there for months, actually closer to a year.

On my to-do list I only had "clean 4 items out of car," because I have discovered with dishes that 4 is the tipping point for which I can get myself to comply 100% of the time.

Still, I felt a little drowsy today even after taking a walk.

First, I let myself play a game of backgammon.  That was a few minutes.  But then I went over to my to-do list.  I sighed when I saw the item about cleaning 4 items, but then I could feel a huge smile come onto my face as I realized I could listen to a song as I did the work (which it now seems is my way of handling all of my crap work).

I pulled the recycling bin to one side, the trash can to the other, and I just cleared the entire car out.  I ended up feeling so great about it, I ended up doing some of my mowing, making tomorrow easier.

Heck, I felt sooo great about it, that I played a game of backgammon, and then wrote this post.