Monday, February 2, 2015

A Potentially Low-Hanging Fruit: a Mobile App

It has recently occurred to me that I have a relatively easy goal on my bucket list  that I have been overlooking: make a mobile app.

The goal was born out of commercials for The Internship which misleadingly cut parts of the movie to make it seem like the two bro/buds had a challenge to make an app by themselves.  That made me think that, yeah, that seemed possible, but, yeah, it sure would seem impressive to an outsider if someone did that.

After putting it on my list, however, I have suffered from the rigid thinking of my goal of getting 10,000 people to use my software, so I have been thinking I have to make something good/useful that could scale up, which if anything has frozen me up.

I could just find a quicker path to making some kind of prototype app!  Do this, and I can cross off another goal on what was once a daunting list, but I see as now simply moving one step at a time and trying to use some clever thought from time to time.

Ideas for a prototype mobile app: 1.) a program that will play closed Chinese-Poker with the user 1B.) a program that will play closed Chinese-Poker for low hands against you 2.) a program for using a tiny-core of Esperanto and then the ability to use a different online dictionaries to allow people to do a quick and dirty method of communicating.

I see now that these apps could be made fairly quickly, once I commit to the process.