Monday, September 29, 2014

More on Modified Navy Showers

I have been sticking with modified navy showers for months now.  I do not know how well the practice will hold up in winter, though.

I really like taking most of my showers this way, particularly when I have productive work to do.  For one, it's quicker, so I can get back to work.  For another, by being cold water, I am given a jolt that puts me in a better mental work space for about two hours.

To my subjective experience, it has about the same effect as 30 minute walk in terms of getting me ready for more work, but it is at least 25 minutes quicker (with the set up, clean up, getting dresses, etc.  The actual shower is almost certainly less than 1 minute 30 seconds).

In fact, often I actively seek out a modified navy shower when I am starting to feel a little sluggish.