Friday, December 12, 2014

A Mantra

I am a teacher,

I teach nobility, I teach walking the Path (dao . . . ?)
I am a writer, I am a forager, I am a gardener.
I am a forager, I am a gardener.

This is a mantra to prevent me from just visualizing the movement of pieces.  This obsession would consume my life.  It would be fun, but it must stay in balance.  Game, meta-game, harmony.

I want to visualize a move in backgammon, in Othello  (you get to flip so many pieces), in Go.  I want to slap down a card and quickly move it into place.  This could use up all of my mental space.

So . . .

Visualize pulling up a radish, cutting pine, pulling chickweed, etc.  Picture a pen moving as a good wording comes out.  Those are the noble arts I pursue.

Plant a polyculture, find a way to reflect on the reflective life, to build a better version of myself.