Tuesday, January 6, 2015

200 Squats in a Set

Marking that one off my bucket list.

I had read once that when you hit 70 in a set, that 200 was achievable.  By my experience today, that seems to be correct.

Also, in learning the basics of Tai Chi I have been working on my breathing.  I have been taking a deep breath on the down motion of the squat and breath out as I moved up.  This changed the pace, and gave me more strength.

My day went first a set of 70 after doing Tai Chi.  Then a set of about a 100 at the end of lunch, but then the bell rang so I had to go to class.  And then I set to match a 100.  When I hit 100, I just kept going thinking I would get extremely fatigued.  Around 170, I was confident I would reach my goal.  I pushed through to a set of 210, just in case I had miscounted.  Therefore, I am absolutely certain that I have done 200 squats in a set.