Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Million Words in Spanish

I broke a million points on Memrise, getting through the last leg by doing a no-typing Spanish conjugation course.

While I would not recommend this at all as the most efficient way to learn a language from scratch, it is a really fun way to go and 97%+ of the conjugations were really easy for me.  The course taught me some ones I didn't know, but more than that worked to make a lot of them "click" for me in a deeper, more internalized way.  It also motivated me to pick back up some Spanish books and start reading again.

The reading went just that little bit smoother.  So, in an example of success breeding success I am embarking on a project to read 1,000,000 more words in Spanish (so somewhere around 20 books, though wikipedia, veomemes and other interesting content certainly counts.

Also, I want to watch 100 hours of television/video content in Spanish and *gulp* clock at least 20 hours of conversation practice (that last part I will certainly procrastinate and then blog about beating that procrastination).

Let the project commence.