Monday, March 2, 2015

Easiest Software to Write

One of my most difficult goals on the bucket list to achieve, at least as I first conceived it, is to have 10,000 people use software I have written.  It's not that I doubt I can learn the skills, but rather I don't have the motivation to work in any programming language.  It drives me nuts that programming is an endless treadmill of the-next-best-thing-to-make-work-so-much-easier(!!!).  You keep pursuing enough things to make your work easier, and your work ends up a lot more difficult.  And no one seems to get this.  It is very un-dao.  

Here's my planned hack: I will write the software for a new home page, which will also be a collection of 1.) my longer works and 2.) my aphorisms.  Then, I just need to get 10,000 to go there in my separate quest to go viral so I can help others with time management and environmental issues.   

A blog is something easy to write, and by coding it myself, I can avoid all the add ons, privacy violations, and general b.s. (like facebook) that make the internet an ever-worsening experience.  

I will write it myself to start it simple, keep it simple, and avoid it ever getting complicated.

Time for more philosophy: for a while, my thoughts have had a central theme of decluttering.  This blog really started going into high gear last summer when I had decluttered so much that the void was too big.  So it is possible to be too declutered.  But society is far, far too unbalanced in the other direction.

My software, even though it is just a humble webpage, will thus have a purpose: to combine the fact that we are interconnected, so that the ideas I want to share can reach as large of an audience possible, but to do so in a way that is only an improvement in their life, and not an extension of dominate force of our time: consumerism.