Monday, June 15, 2015

A Turn Back To Go?

While I haven't been blogging much, on account of the learning curve with learning Dvorak, I have been doing a lot of thinking and walking, and some meditating.  There have been many epiphanies, including the meta-epiphany that I can and should have my epiphanies about my craft of teaching, and that is as much of a challenge, and spiritual journey, as any.

In addition, on those long walks, my mind keeps going back to a need to make the spaces at school work for me better.  One idea is plants, another is a desktop sized waterfall, and yet another is the screaming need inside of me to declutter my classroom (naturally, I have started there, working on getting rid of much of what I inherited in the classroom), but lastly I see again and again in my mind's eye a Go board.

The game stands out as a representation of harmony in motion.  This is important because I don't have a window. and thus I have no portal to nature.  A Go game can represent that dynamism, I think. For it to really be beautiful, I will need to understand the game a bit better.  

For beauty's sake, the game of Go may be the next thing I work on.