Sunday, June 21, 2015

Back from Nationals

This summer has so far really been about improving the lives of my students as I help them follow their goals and dreams.

Now I get to work more on my own self-improvement, which is less satisfying, frankly, at least in the short run.  I think I'll get out of this slightly empty feeling soon and start having more and more fun.

First up, I am going to do some more memory work, particularly with dates, but I might learn how to memorize a deck of cards in order.

Furthermore, I will now start to work in earnest at the million word challenge in Spanish.  I plan on building a rocket stove soon and ramp up experimentation on soups and sauces.  I have a vision of working soups and sauces outdoors during warm months and making bread indoors during the winter (heating the house while getting a useful bi-product).  That, and my garden, working out, and playing Go should be enough to keep me busy and happy until it is time for school again.