Saturday, June 13, 2015

Hanging Leg Raises (and Bridges)

I have been working on and off on the 1 set of 100 push ups since I began this my self-improvement journey in earnest.  But I'm still not close.  I think the biggest hang up is core strength, at least my abs are what hurts the first and the most when I am trying to get more push-ups in. I remember hearing Pavel Tsatsouline say that the best ways to be more functionally strong are grip strength and the core, so this prioritization makes sense on that level as well.

To work on both my pathetic grip strength and my core, I am going to the convict conditioning playbook and work hanging leg raises into my routine when I get back from Nationals (I leave tomorrow).  Also. I will start working on bridging.

Notes from a video:

  • inhale on the negative
  • exhale on the raise
  • tightly pull in navel