Saturday, July 2, 2016

Grocherie Costs, Week 2

Since last week I overspent, I had a goal coming into this week of staying below $16.  Well, I stayed below $11.

I bought butter (the biggest cost item), some more black beans, frozen peas, eggs, and my experiment item for the week: apple cider vinegar.

From last weeks haul I still have my lentils uncooked, half a can of tomato sauce, a head of broccoli, about half the bag of black beans, and half the loaf of bread in the freezer.  The menu for my dinners next week will be "asian" fried rice with peas and brocolli and the other night will be my famous spaghetti.  If called upon to make a third dinner, it will be eggs, with oatmeal made with my homegrown peaches that I have frozen.

Looks I am going to be taking the full poverty plunge for lunches, however, and eating lentils and rice for my lunches.