Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Short Bio

Keith Huddleston was born and raised in Norman, Oklahoma. Voted  "Most Likely to be President" out of Norman North's Class of 2003, he decided he'd make a bigger difference by teaching.  He graduated cum laude from the University of Central Oklahoma, is a published author, has coached a state champion debate team, and currently teaches high school English.

I have now grown itchy writing in the third person, so I am switching back the first person . . .

I wrote the following in the Summer of 2014:

I believe in voluntary simplicity, and plan on soon having my mortgage paid so that I will never live in any kind of financial debt again (that's the hope, at least).  In the meantime, I have taken to the pursuit of games as a way to frugally spend my time without consuming manipulative plots that also have messages about how I need to be a consumer. 
I also have lost more than 20 pounds, and have begin to work exercise into my daily life.  I believe I was on the brink of diabetes. Now I feel younger and more alive than I have felt in years, probably eight or so. 
Life is more fun now.
I'm still frugal and I still believe in simplicity.  I have more or less dropped my obsession with games and now feel pulled to be walking outside on any remotely nice day.

I have also figured out a ways to overcome the blocks of procrastination and pursue some big, impressive (at least to me) goals, while still having a great time.