Monday, August 25, 2014

If I Knew Then. . .

There is an easier way to get a Royal Flush than the path I took.   It's by playing Poker Squares, which is a solitaire game.  Chinese Poker might give you the advantage of 13 cards to make your Royal Flush, but Poker Squares gives you 25 cards.

Still, having played a decent amount recently, I don't think you can guarantee a Royal Flush in one afternoon of play.  But, if you are on a short schedule for achieving a Royal Flush, I recommend Poker Squares. 

Unlike Chinese Poker, I was able to find an online location to play Poker Squares.  There are trade-offs here, though.  The online version is  faster shuffle and scores automatically, which can save time.  Playing on own, with cards, however, allows you to play the "shuffle' or "switch-a-roo" variant, thus allowing you to shift the position of the cards, which is a huge advantage.  If you have a droid phone, there is an app with the shuffle version.

I was able to get my second Royal Flush (this one in hearts) on the online game:



With Royal flushes in clubs and hearts under my belt, I don't see why I shouldn't try to get Royal Flushes in all 4 suits.