Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Game after the Misson's Completion

It's a relief to have achieved my goal of getting a Royal Flush.

With the school year staring, my focus needed to move to other places, and now I don't have to worry about a hand quota or anything else that would make playing cards feel like a grind.

Instead, I'll work on other goals, and leave cards for a pass-time for either a.) when I need blow off steam b.) feel bored with everything else (it happens).

One day (read, the winter and summer) I will return to the game of poker with a goal orientation in mind.  I have other goals for the future of cards.  They are: 
  • to be "profitable" at the highest level of limit 5-card draw, limit hold em, the mixed table with 8-games, and perhaps 7-card stud (and/or stud hi/low). 
  • to become (for the second time) a play chip millionaire
To achieve those goals, I may have to set up schedules, study the math of the games and analyze my play.  But that is for another break.  It's time to bring on the school year, and close out this mini-retirement.

Update

Forget Poker.  And as of now -- December 2015 -- forget all games.