Friday, August 1, 2014

A Lament on (closed face) Chinese Poker

Alas, if only there was a place to play Chinese Poker online. I would try to crank out 500-1,000 hands before the school year got into full swing and try to get my Royal Flush put behind me before working on other goals.

The only place to play, apparently, used to be the "Action Poker" network.  I, in theory, could download it using their "legacy software" but 1.) who would I play with?  and 2.) that sounds dangerous.

Therefore, Chinese poker with friends and family.

I am back to the head-up hold em as the optimal strategy.  I think I can fit 500 hands a week in.  So that puts me expecting about one Royal Flush a year.

When I get one, especially if it is the grind-it-out heads up fashion, I should say, "Do you believe in Miracles, YES!"  Do you believe in mathematical certainty?  YES!