Thursday, July 31, 2014

Chinese Poker Update

I got to play a few hours of Chinese Poker with a friend who was in from out of town.  He was down for the goal of getting a Royal Flush.

Alas, it was not to be this session.  He estimated we played 30 or so hands.  I'd peg it at closer to 40, but still, this session showed me that I absolutely will count a Royal Flush, if I get one in Chinese Poker.  Let's say that in weekend fun I can get in 50 hours a week.  That will still be 10 weeks before the expectation of getting in a sample of hands hitting 500.  

And, of course, that doesn't even mean I have to get a Royal Flush in that time period.  It's not Chinese poker is some kind of game with 10 wilds that leads to insane hands.  I have played a card game with so many wilds, that I have had a five of a kind.  Even getting my first Royal Flush in Chinese Poker is a game patience.