Sunday, August 10, 2014

Light Meal for ADCR

As I work my way back to a healthy body-fat percentage, my diet is Alternate Day Calorie Restriction.  3 days a week, I shoot for under 600 calories a day, split between the meals of lunch and dinner.

This is a very simple meal: 


3 slices of turkey bacon, and 1/2 a can of collard greens. 

Each slice of turkey bacon is 35 calories, and the whole can of collard greens is a total of only 60 calories, so the whole meal is only 135 calories. 

A big, heaping half plate of vegetables makes this almost (operate word *almost*) feel like enough to eat.  If this was the diet every . . . single . . .  day, I don't think I could do it.  As it is, this is just a game of divide and conquer.  This is enough to get me to dinner, barely.  Dinner is enough to get me to the next lunch, even more barely, but then I'm eating normally.  Heck, on Sunday (at least until September), I'm working out and then eating like a pig

This is a do-able.  And, as a bonus, pretty darn inexpensive.