Friday, September 23, 2016

Continued Esperanto . . . after Spanish

I'm working on this million word challenge for Spanish for now.  I fully admit I might get off the pace and not be able to get there by the end of the year.  But no worries, because I'm going to continue on with Spanish into the new year, and, really, the plan is to always maintain Spanish.

To make more time for Spanish, I am only going to maintain my Anki decks in Esperanto, but not do any additional reading or sentence-adding.  However, at some point next year, I plan to put in some work on Esperanto.  I found a great youtube channel, Evildea.  It has videos in Esperanto with English subtitles.  I can watch those videos for good comprehensible input and record the sound and listen to whilst going on walks, etc.  Also, in response to something I wrote on a youtube channel, someone wrote me back about this course they had put together.  I will look at it when I am dusting back off the language.

Knocking off "fluent reading in Esperanto" as a goal is at this point a matter of dozens of hours, not hundreds.