Friday, October 7, 2016

Making Room for More Spanish

Getting better at Spanish is a big deal to me.  But, so is living a balanced, happy life.

I have a lot of things I am trying to do: being a good husband, lose weight, cut my spending so that working a half day makes sense, landscape.  So my language-learning time has limits.  Thus I have decided to move Esperanto to the back-burner (ie maintain the cards in Anki, but not add any new ones).  I will give the time saved to Spanish.

I love Esperanto and look forward to learning it to the point I can journal in it in the future, but Spanish is the more practical language, and I love it just as well, maybe better.

One move I am making is to give Spanish the prime real estate of my bookmarks on my browser.  I am removing the Esperanto sites for now.

So away goes my table of Esperanto Correlatives (God, the correlatives in Esperanto are so brilliant, once you understand the code.)

Also away goes CRI online in Esperanto, great source of small news articles.

They will come back up when Esperanto is my focus again.