Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Next Few Goals

I actually have found that I am not very good at predicting what order I will accomplish my goals.   Nonetheless, it does help to have a game plan.   And, after all, this is the whole point of the blog.

Here are the goals I am going to work on heavily this summer

  • Do 100 push-ups in one go
  • Be able to read smoothly in Spanish
  • Be able to read smoothly in a 3rd language (it will be Esperanto)
  • Learn intermediate woodworking skills

The last one is a somewhat interesting case.  I am going to try to buy a good deal of the tools I need while I am on contract for full days.  Next year, with me working half days, I'll, clearly, be making less, so I will be heavily economizing.  I might try to cut my expenses so far that I will be able to say I have at least proved the concept of
  • Make active stream of income that pays my side of bills in 8 hours weekly work
Because I have recently realized there is a loophole in the way that goal is worded.  I do not have to stop working each week when I reach 8 hours; I just have to have bills low enough that I can pay those bills in 8 hours a week.

I think it is possible to get there.  I plan to walk to work most days, cook all the meals on the days I am to take care of dinner, downgrade my phone, and all around go on lock-down with my spending.  The fact that I am free of any debt also really helps.