Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Now . . . No Lunch

My progression to eating minimalism continues . . .

I wrote about how I moved from a small lunch to just oil. Well now, I don't even take the oil at noon. Just like the last step in my progression, this one happened because of my forgetfulness -- I just neglected to eat lunch one day and noticed I was neither hungry, nor did I feel a headache.

So the next day I sat out to not eat lunch, but I made the mistake of drinking tea at lunch.  I now know to not drink tea on an empty stomach because the tannic acid can hurt.  But after that misstep, I have been able to go a week not eating lunch, and now have a daily 19-20 hour fast.  My dinner can now be up to 1,200 calories, and this allows me to eat like a fairly normal person for that meal.

I have no idea if this would work for someone else, but I don't feel hungry this way, and in fact feel less cranky (until about 3:30).  I am losing weight and do not have to pack anything for lunch.  Heck, I should unplug my fridge at school.