Sunday, November 2, 2014

Air Squat Progress

For a little over a month I have been working toward my 200 squats goal using greasing the groove.  I must admit I have been negligent from time to time; I think I have even missed an entire week at one point (maybe more?)

Still, I am up to reps of 20, and even have played with a few reps of 40 yesterday.  

When I started a month ago, doing even 5 squats left my knees feeling creaky, and I was worried I would never be able to reach the squat goal.  I have no doubt that on Monday, I can comfortably get in 200 reps for the day (probably 8 sets of 25 reps).  On Tuesday, if everything feels fine, I'll probably 10 in the morning to warm up, followed by 5 more sets (spaced at least an hour apart) of 50, for a daily total 260.  

After that I'll keep playing around with escalating the amount of reps in a set until I can do 200 in a row.  I'm pretty sure it will be the next bucket list item I can cross off.