Monday, August 17, 2015

New Game: Yoga

When I combine my strength training to one day, I will need to put running more into the mix to have it so I workout every day.

I live in fear, therefore of injures and pain from over-training.  To correct this, I need to give myself an optional out.  On days that I feel like I can run, fine, do it -- it is great.  But on days that I my legs feel messed up, I will take up yoga.

I like, in fact love, the tai chi that I have done, but it doesn't really feel like a workout, so for now I am not going to count it as a workout.  I reserve the right to reverse this opinion, of course.  Most likely, I will combine moves from both and call it a flexibility-based-meditative workout day.  This might also be a good day to work in some more grip work

Here is  a vides of "full spectrum" yoga over at expert village:




Bonus: Since I look at Spanish content reasonably often, searches came up with this Spanish yoga channel.  I can look up a pose in English and see it reinforced, while practicing my Spanish.  Fantastic.



I appreciate how clear the diction is in this video.