Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Update (Dvorak Has Taken Over)

Looking back over the summer, I might not have cooked quite as much I planned (though I have started again in earnest lately), and I might not have done as much work in Spanish either, but some things have gone right. 

This summer saw me work out regularly and now I work out every day.  I have been much better at keeping up with household chores, which doesn't impress others, but does make life better. 

But most of all, Dvorak has ingrained itself to the point that I cannot set down on a qwerty keyboard and touch type.  Instead my instincts, at least on the most common keys, are Dvorak.  On a Qwerty key board, I hunt and peck with my head down looking at the keyboard.  It keeps the two keyboard patterns separate, and encourages me to do more Dvorak, and in fact to improve at Dvorak, because it looks like it is now as easy to go forward in Dvorak as it is to go back to Qwerty.

Looking forward six months, it looks like I can have the house paid off.  That goal opens up work on several others on the list.  If I was hungry enough, I could finish the million word Spanish challenge.

Though I doubt I am hungry enough.  (Update: I wasn't.)