Saturday, May 2, 2015

177

177.7, to be exact.

Well, for the first time since I was 201 pounds, I am now down to the weight where I used to start diets in my 20s.

This gives me some confidence on the "just eat less (6 days a week) plan."

But the goal on the bucket list isn't really weight.  It's body fat percentage.  So, theoretically, if I could gain 10 pounds of muscle that would still shift the body fat percentage more in my favor.  So while hitting that 177 mark is a milestone, I should keep my focus on the right things.

Furthermore, if I gained muscle, it should move up my resting metabolism, thus helping me to speed up fat loss.

The problem is that building muscle is a lot of work, and that takes a lot of calories.  So my solution is to go back to something I was doing during the summer, when I had more time to tinker with this stuff: lift on a day, eat huge that day and the next, and then do 5 days of some kind of restricted diet.  In this case the restricted diet will be 1,300 calories a day or less.  Add in plenty of light exercise like walking and gardening on those other five days, and we'll see what happens to my body fat percentage.