Monday, May 25, 2015

So It's Summer

On the bucket-list, I will be moving toward lower body-fat, being able to read Spanish fluently (after finishing my million word challenge) make progress on 100 push ups, and turning my Roth IRA into equity in my home (getting us close to having the whole thing paid off).

Also, on Monday, I plan on making the cold-turkey switch-over to Dvorak typing.

Other than that, and working on cooking (especially after I build a rocket stove), my over-arching project will be working on meditation.  I need to elaborate on it more in the future, but to give a sketch here, I have 3 meditation projects: 1.) be able to mediate for a long time, as part of the goal of decreasing wants 2.) go through a protocol to be able to get "in the zone" instantly 3.) be able to mediate through noise.  All three are about taking where I am and gradually building up, or the in the case of the "zone protocol" working down the time it takes.

Another way of saying it is that I'm working on self mind-control.  And while that's the ultimate free hobby, I am really doing it to make the best life possible.