Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Walk to Work

It is well known that I love the site Early Retirement Extreme.

I wish I could do more of it.  For example, today I walked home from work.  It'd be nice to do that every day.  If it were feasible, I could get rid of a car (saving thousands of dollars in the process) and I'd be much more physically fit.  

Those thousands of dollars aren't exactly chicken feed.  Once my house is paid off, the biggest expense I will have will be transportation.  Or at least, this is true considering I do know how to cook and garden, and will continue to expand my skills over the summer.  In fact, I should get chickens and use those transportation costs as chicken feed.  

Anyway, I really could lower my yearly costs to something like $3,000-4,000.  Which I know sounds crazy, but I honestly believe holds up.  I'd be healthier, less cluttered, more spiritual, and possibly happier.  

And a cost basis like that makes it so much easier to find a way to achieve goals like active employment that pays my bills in 8 hours of work a week (because I am only half as smart as Tim Ferris, of course).  It also means I need a small fraction of the same reserves to have enough passive income to live off as well. 

That's enough talk about that.  For now, I'll just do what I can.