Friday, December 26, 2014

The Christmas Haul

My two favorite presents of the year are a door-frame-mounted pull up bar (thus completing my home gym) and a harmonica.

I had once wanted to take up the harmonica when I was younger, but I hadn't thought much of it in years.  But the idea seems appealing.  Though I don't listen to it much, the blues do speak to me on a spiritual level and who wouldn't like to be able to play "Dixie" for their redneck relatives (and wanna be redneck relatives -- no matter how sad it is that such a person exists).

The pursuit of harmonica skills might displace my study of Go, which is quite all right.  Studying the technical skills of the game is a fine pass-time, but hasn't so far deepened my understanding of the game as a spiritual metaphor.  Which makes sense, because nature is the better sensei , of course, and the weather still has not closed off my enjoyment spending time with my truest Teacher.

Also, I got some Christmas money.  I am going to earmark that money for the garden, whether buying seeds or wood mulch for the pathways.  And I will pay the proceeds of the garden forward.