Monday, December 29, 2014

What I'll Work on in 2015

If you've been reading this blog, it is should be pretty clear what I'll be playing with in 2015, but what will I be working on?

Looking over my bucket list (or list of stuff to do before I am 40) I have the following break-down:

Goals I'd be Disappointed to not Achieve in 2015:

Get body fat below 12%
Do 100 push-ups in one go
Do 200 squats in one go

Goals I can make progress in (and perhaps achieve with luck on my side):
Pay off the house
Coach a individual state champion
Help 100,000 people manage time better
Help 100,000 people to learn techniques to live sustainably (ie permaculture)
Have 10,000 people use software I've written
Make a mobile ap (can help me achieve the previous goal) 
The common thread to all these goals is they can be achieved without me spending money.   I'm trying to stay on a spending fast as much as possible until the house is paid off.

All the rest of the goals probably require the outlay of some money, though I can be intelligent about how much I end up spending (frugal rather than cheap).  I can work on them some other year.

Not on the bucket list is my studies of Tai Chi and Go (Wei Qi).  I guess this will be a year of Eastern disciplines.   I can see Tai Chi becoming a daily, and perhaps lifelong, practice, whereas with Go I have the the more pedestrian desires and no time frames at all.