Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pull Up Bar Installed

My home gym is complete.  I look forward to one day being able to maintain my arm strength with the simple economy of pull-ups.  One day I will switch my greasing the groove to pull-ups and attempt a 25 pull-up challenge.  One day.

I've been lifting weights for months and have more than tripled how much I can do a bicep curl with, so how many pull ups can I do?  Zero.  At least zero "true" pull ups.

This fact doesn't bother me.  It's another thing I can begin working on. The process is what is important.  Progress is what is enjoyable.

To begin the process, I can do a set of five "jumping" chin ups (not pull ups), focusing on the negative.  Also, when I cross by the closet, where the pull up bar is placed, I hang in pull up position, trying to develop some grip and work on the shoulder muscles it will take to do pull ups in the future.

I'm at zero pull ups and counting.